The hull was built by Allen Williams of Milford Auckland in 1950 on spec.
Waitanguru was purchased by Pete Peterson, a farmer at Waitanguru - a farming district out of Pio Pio in the King Country, hence the name.
It was finished off in the Allen Williams yard, and built in the traditional kauri carvel planked construction with ply and solid timber topsides.
Now powered by a 39hp Yanmar diesel, this vessel is ex-survey and game rigged.
It has auto anchoring, shore power, an inverter, a solar panel, a smart charger and a six-person life raft.
Waitunguru also has an electric toilet with a holding tank, fridge/freezer and a two burner/oven.
It sleeps three-to-four people.
Electronics include VHF, SSB, GPS/Plotter, radar, auto-pilot, fish finder, stereo and TV.
Waitunguru is a very well maintained, well spec’d and much admired traditional vessel with great history.
Waitunguru is currently on the market and the owner will sell the 10-metre Sulphur Point marina berth with this vessel if required.
Contact Brian Worthington at Gulf Group Marine Brokers for more information.